Students will learn to understand, ask questions of, and represent data through project-based units. The units will give students opportunities to be data explorers through active engagement, developing their understanding of data analysis, sampling, correlation/causation, bias and uncertainty, modeling with data, making and evaluating data-based arguments, and the importance of data in society. DATA SCIENCE 1 will include: What are variability, data, and models?
● Data ethics
● Data science inquiry: asking questions of data
● Univariate, bivariate and multivariate data
● Creating visual representations
● What is the story I can tell from this data?
● Data cleaning
● Using measures of center and spread to model data
● Distributions and normal distributions
● Data representations
● Sampling and variability
● Probabilistic thinking
Length: (1) Trimester
Cum Laude Points: 0